Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 21!!


Somehow, through patience and luck and effort and the general goodwill of the gods, I've made it to day 21 of my solo-flight.

It helps that it's summer.  I'm absolutely certain that if I'd been dealing with shoveling, boots and cold during this stretch I would be officially crazy by now.

In the spirit of enjoying every moment of summer, Nanna and I took the boys to a local park.  It has an amazing playground, a field and a wading pool... who could ask for more?  We hit up all the areas, although it must be said that Sam's 'swim' was him submerging himself to his ankles and declaring "I'm done" and walking away.  (I will never understand how a Pisces is so opposed to all things water!).  Charley on the other hand is a fan of the water and only almost-drowned once, which I call success.  Hey, a sharp snort of water is good for you once and a while!

I had made my annual $3 investment in some new kites and today was the first afternoon breezy enough to justify their use.  One of these years I'm going to realize that I have 2 options: 

1.  Stop buying kites.  Period.
2.  Stop buying dollar-store kites.

Charley's dazzler was an inflatable Buzz Lightyear kite. (Inflatable!  Sounded so modern!)  Sam's was the usual crappy triangle version.  (Note:  The only, ONLY, kites available were tarty princesses or violent comic characters... How about, say...  green?)

We surely had our 10 minutes of allotted fun before inflatable Buzz sustained a lung-puncture and crappy, angry Batman had his tether torn.  Oh well... off to the garbage for you, Chinese plastic!

Here's Charley, dragging the victim, having been told to put Buzz in the garbage can:


Hilarious or heart-breaking... you be the judge.


Then, to distract Charley from the pain, I made him go down this slide:


Seriously... this slide is like a 3 second free-fall before it shoots the kid out at the bottom like a rocket.  Awesome.

Action shot: 



Sam said 'no way'.  Instead he climbed the most age inappropriate part of the play structure ('age inappropriate' on this particular climber being under 32...) and just hung out there for a while.


My actual vantage point of Sam in his perch:




After this face started to appear, I knew it was time to get the devils home.


What's nice, after a long afternoon out, is to return to your nice, calm, tidy and soothing home for some respite.

Oh wait.  That's someone else's life.  Here's what I came home to:


Not only is my house in a right tip, but I managed to pick up an extra child along the way.  Actually,  Sadie is the only reason I get dinner made most nights.  She's a helluva babysitter and cheap too.... a sticker, some juice and I send her on her way. 

That's the end of day 21.  Oh, what fun will tomorrow bring??!!

No comments: