Monday, July 19, 2010

(Don't) Touch a Truck

Mothercraft's annual 'Touch a Truck' event was yesterday.  Now, amazingly, I don't care that much for trucks... but my youngest son talks trucks non-stop.  I was actually excited to go and face the crowds to touch one, or maybe more!, trucks.

Of course, Chris and Charley came along too.  No need to hog all the truck-fun.

So we paid our admission (which I was happy to do, because Mothercraft is pretty darn awesome,) and we stepped 3.2 feet inside the gates, at which point Sam declared in a forceful manner "NO LIKE IT!!".  Then he said 'no like it' 75 more times, clutching me with sweaty hands.

Okay.  I could to-tally see where he was coming from.  There were about 50 different vehicles, of one kind or another.  That alone is a lot to take in, but then add to this the fact that all the attending kids are allowed to climb all over and into the trucks and set off any horns/whistles/sirens available. 

Imagine 25 fire truck sirens going off at the same time, all within 100 metres of you.  So, so painful.  Hey.. Maybe there are parents out there who thought that it was really fun, but they are either masochists or hard of hearing.

Anyway... I couldn't get the truck-loving child to go anyway near a truck, whereas the train-loving child had a great time.

So enjoy these photos of the eldest getting his money worth.







A family shot.  Can you feel Chris' ears ringing in this shot?:


The best I could do...
I managed to get the wee one to stand beside a tiny, tiny car.  Not touch it... Not sit in it...  Just stand beside it and look worried.


How can he dislike a crazy truck-touching outing so much and yet react like this to me giving him a bowl of watermelon?:


Meet my changeable son!  Which version will I get tomorrow??

No comments: